Okodakiciyapi Savings Program
The Okodakiciyapi Savings Program is a matched savings program that provides education, support, and resources for people of the Crow Creek Reservation to achieve their savings goals so they may pursue higher education orstart or expand a business. Through the Okodakiciyapi Savings Program, participants make monthly deposits in a special savings account, also called an Individual Development Account, for at least six months and up to two years. Every dollar a participant deposits into their account is matched by $8.00.
How the Okadakiciyapi Savings Program Works
Achieving your savings goal can be as easy as these four steps:
- Submit a completed application to Hunkpati Investments to enroll in the Okadakiciyapi Savings Program.
- Work with a Hunkpati Investments staff member to determine your savings goal, a saving plan, and required courses.
- Open your Individual Development Account at Great Western Bank in Chamberlain, South Dakota, and start making monthly deposits.
- Upon completing the Okadakiciyapi Savings Program, withdraw your total savings to pursue education, or start or expand a business.
Matching Your Dollars
Participants of the Okodakiciyapi Savings Program receive either $8.00 for every $1.00 they deposit into their Individual Development Account.
Saving for Education or a Business (8-to-1 match)
Participant deposits $500. Program matches ($500 x 8) $4,000. Total savings is $4,500.
Qualifying for the Program
Participants of the Okodakiciyapi Savings Program must meet the following guidelines:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a 6-month work history.
- Live on or near the Crow Creek Reservation, within the designated five-county service area.
- Meet the income guidelines.
- Have a household net worth of less than $10,000.
In the event that the Okodakiciyapi Savings Program experiences a higher demand than we can meet, priority will be given to these certain applicants as follows:
- Enrolled member of the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe.
- Enrolled member of other federally recognized Tribe who lives on the Crow Creek Reservation.
- All other residents of the Crow Creek Reservation.
Participants of the Okodakiciyapi Savings Program are required to complete the following activities while in the program:
- Attend asset-specific training, financial education classes, and other scheduled meetings.
- Make monthly savings deposits of at least $25.00.
- Use savings for education or a business.
Download an Application Frequently Asked Questions